Whenever you are visiting a country (whether on business or leisure), it is good to know of some of the happenings in that country while there.
In the age of online ‘Fake News’, it is now, more than ever, very important to get your information from the most credible and most reliable sources.
Here are seven (7) of the most reliable online news sources within St. Vincent & the Grenadines and their respective links:
1 I Witness News: This is arguably the leading online news site in St. Vincent & the Grenadines, with over 66,000 subscribers on its Facebook page. If a newsworthy event is occurring or has occurred, this site will more than likely be covering it.
2. Searchlight Newspaper: This is one of the leading print newspapers in SVG, but has risen up with modern trends and has an online, social media presence. It currently has a Facebook following of over 36,000. If you’re looking for accurate and reliable reporting, this entity is one to follow.
3. News 784: This relatively new News site, managed by someone with over a decade of experience in Radio Broadcasting, brings with it the instantaneous attitude of Broadcasting, online. It currently has a Facebook following of over 24,000. You can count on this site for the latest happenings in and around St. Vincent & the Grenadines. The entity also has an app, which you can download.
4. Ashbert News Network (ANN) This relatively new news site by a freelance journalist has grown quickly in popularity as a credible news source and is currently rivaling the likes of News784 for SVG’s online news landscape supremacy. It currently has a Facebook following of over 14,000
5. WEFM 99.9 Radio This Radio station has a news presence as it has been around for quite some time. They can be relied on for more detailed news stories online which are accurate. They currently have a Facebook following of over 8,000 subscribers.
OTHER NOTABLE MENTIONS:
6. NBC Radio: This is the state-owned National Broadcasting Corporation Radio, in St. Vincent and the Grenadines. It is the oldest Radio station on the Island and has been a highly acclaimed information source. They have an online news presence and though not as consistent as other sites, in presenting the news online, they are arguably the most credible information source on the Island. They currently have a following of over 15,000 subscribers.
The state-owned Agency for Public Information (API), is also a great source of credible information.
Get on with liking the facebook pages for the aforementioned online news/information entities in SVG and get the news right, while in St. Vincent & the Grenadines.
By: Demion McTair
Editor – Secrets of SVG