The one thing every tourist is concerned about is the budget.
Judged against the US dollar, every tourist wants to know the strength of their funds to back them up against the affordability demands in their destination of choice.
In St. Vincent and The Grenadines, which uses the Eastern Caribbean Dollar (XCD), here are five, of several things, 5 US dollars can get you (1USD = 2.70XCD).
- Access to important sites and landmarks: five US dollars (13.50 XCD) should be sufficient in gaining you access to several important landmarks such as; the Botanical Gardens (one of the oldest in the western hemisphere), Black Point Tunnel and even Dark View Falls.
- Souvenirs: depending on what you choose, you may be able to get memorable and long-lasting souvenirs with a 5 USD bill, throughout St. Vincent and The Grenadines.
- Nice food: believe it or not, 5 USD can get you some good food at restaurants in capital city Kingstown on selected meal portions and it is the case in the other parts of the country, including the Grenadines.
- A fancy drink: if you want to hangout at a bar and order a shot of your favourite drink or to have something locally made to try, 5USD should be sufficient.
- A boat trip to Fort Duvernette: offering one of the most spectacular views of the southern tip of mainland St. Vincent, Fort Duvernette is a must visit. You will, however, need a boat / water taxi to get you from the dock at Villa bay (near Young Island) to isle and back. Five US dollars should do the trick.
This article in no way seeks to deliberate on the economies or currencies of the United States of America and St. Vincent & The Grenadines.
It was created with the sole intention of being a guide to tourists who may be planning their next trip to St. Vincent, especially for a low budget type vacation.
By: Demion McTair
Secrets of St. Vincent & The Grenadines
Founder and Editor