Whenever you are visiting a country (whether on business / leisure), it is good to know of some of the happenings in that country, while there.
In the age of online ‘Fake News’, it is now, more than ever, very important to get your information from the most credible and most reliable sources.
Here are seven (7) of the most reliable online news sources within St. Vincent & the Grenadines and their respective links:
- I Witness News: This is arguably the leading online news site in St. Vincent & the Grenadines, with over 44,000 subscribers. If a news worthy event is occurring, or has occurred, this site will more than likely be covering it, in a credible and reliable manner.
2. Searchlight Newspaper: This is one of the leading print newspapers in SVG, but has risen up with modern trends and has an online, social media presence. It currently has a facebook following of 27,000. If you’re looking for accurate and reliable reporting, this entity is one to follow.
3. SVG TV: Once the only Television in St. Vincent & the Grenadines, SVGTV now has local competition, but still shows a good level of leadership, with a relatively strong online news presence. They, however can be counted on, mainly for Breaking news and daily news highlights. They currently have over 18,000 subscribers on facebook.
4. News 784: This relatively new News site, managed by someone with over a decade experience in Radio Broadcasting, brings with it the instantaneous attitude of Broadcasting, online. It currently has a following of over 9,000. You can count on this site for the latest happenings in and around St. Vincent & the Grenadines. The entity also has an app, which you can download.
5. WEFM 99.9: This is one of the oldest Radio stations on St. Vincent and the Grenadines and one of the most reliable ones. Recently, it has gotten into the online news publication service and can be counted on for daily news updates, which you can rely on. It currently has a following of over 6,000 on facebook and is emerging has a leading online News presence in SVG.
6. NBC Radio: This is the state-owned National Broadcasting Corporation Radio, in St. Vincent and the Grenadines. It is the oldest Radio station on the Island and has been a highly acclaimed information source. They have an online news presence and though not as consistent as other sites, in presenting the news online, they are arguably the most credible information source on the Island. They currently have a following of over 11,000 subscribers.
7. Xtreme 104.3 FM: This new radio station is centrally entertainment based, but no one can honestly deny that they have a strong online news presence. They currently have a facebook following of over 13,000 subscribers.
The state-owned Agency for Public Information (API), is also a great source of information.
Get on with liking the facebook pages for the aforementioned online news / information entities in SVG and get the news right, while in St. Vincent & the Grenadines.